Frequently Asked Questions on Line Lightning Protection Devices (LLPD) are now aired on the Streamer webpage.18.02.2021
In this chapter, you can find the Frequently Asked Questions on LLPD, inspired by our customers. We hope that the comprehensive answers will be useful for anyone interested in the lightning protection of overhead lines.
Some questions contribute to a general understanding of Line Lightning Protection Devices:
- What is an LLPD?
- What are the key features of LLPDs that distinguish them from conventional ways of protecting overhead lines against lightning strikes?
- What is the guaranteed life expectancy of LLPDs?
- Is it necessary to install an LLPD on every phase and every tower?
- Can an LLPD be installed on an existing line without the need to change out insulators or mounting hardware?
- What happens if a bird bridges the air gap between an LLPD and a conductor?
We will develop this chapter with new questions from our customers and partners.
If you are struggling with some issues on line lightning protection or have any questions you want us to answer, just send them to email@example.com
We will be happy to support you in this fantastic world of lightning protection.