This device is there to protect important networks from direct lightning strikes and back flashovers. Indented to be installed along the protected line, it works perfectly on distribution (sub-transmission) lines with the highest voltage of equipment up to 52 kV.
This product operates on the basis of EasyQuench technology.
d45z can easily be adapted to poles/towers of totally different configuration. This is possible due to various installation options.
- Highest voltage for equipment, 52 kV
- Protects from Direct Lightning Strike
- Protects from Back Flashover
- No maintenance is required
Electrical line parameters
|Highest voltage for equipment*, kV||52|
|Maximum prospective fault current, kA||5|
|External air gap, mm||80+80|
|50% flashover voltage, kV||260|
|Power frequency withstand voltage**, kV (wet/dry)||95/110|
|Lightning discharge capability (200 μs)***, C||2.8|
|High current impulse (4/10 μs), kA||65|
|Maximum quenching lightning current, kA||20 (8/50µs)|
|Minimum withstand amount of operations||10|
|Additional power losses on the line, %||0|
|Average expected lifespan, years||30|
|UV resistance****, h||1000|
|Maintenance||1 visual verification/ year|
* According to IEC 60038, ** According to IEC 60071-1, *** According to IEC 60099-8, **** According to ISO 4892-2, method A, IEC 62217